Friday, October 19, 2012

Return

A part of me wonders why I've come back.

It's a small part, but it's there.  A nagging sensation, telling me to give this up for good.  Telling me to pack my bags and flee back to med school while I can, to a proper internship like my parents believe I'm working at.  Somewhere I'll never be held at knifepoint.  Somewhere monsters will never come to murder my patients.

But only a small part.  There was never any doubt.  Jackie's told me that much was obvious.  She says I live to help.  That I was born to sacrifice myself for others.  And maybe she's right.

Whether we are protected or not, these people need my help.  I will give it.  I knew this could be a death sentence coming into the job.  I won't falter now that it's actually going to get difficult.  There are always more lives to save.

There are always more stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment