Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cremation

Did you know that, with the proper legal permits, an open air pyre is actual legal in Colorado? In Creston, a group actually performs 12 "open-air cremations" a year.

Of course, this won't be out in the open and it isn't exactly legal. As I stated before, I've known a few lone wolves - included one man who built a crematory in his shed in order to burn the bodies of servants he killed. He ended up going a kind of crazy and threw himself into the crematory one Sunday morning.

I've only used it a few times before - usually for cases where a runner dies and his friends don't want any police involvement.

And tonight I'm going to have to light it up again and watch the flames burn hotter and hotter.

And then we'll say goodbye to Blair.


Addendum: I'm slightly worried about Ivory. Last time I saw her, she had bags under her eyes, like she wasn't sleeping. I knocked on her door and she barely noticed me, so intensely was she reading her book, one of those big, thick medical textbooks.

I'm try talking to her some more, but I don't really know how I can help anyone these days.

3 comments:

  1. Could have been less that he went crazy and more that he realized that he was slipping and was going to turn soon or start hurting innocents not just Proxies. If I drank I'd toast Blair tonight. Good by Blair, you were a better man . . . woman . . . well whatever your gender was you were a better PERSON than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Sal, I asked here but I haven't seen any response. Has she consumed any liquids from sources she couldn't be sure of? She seems like she's getting obsessive. Could have been exposed to Ink. Or it could just be the stress of losing a patient. Hopefully you guys have learned to READ YOUR DAMN COMMENTS since the last time ya'll ignored comments of mine that could have saved lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manage her liquids and keep an eye on her just in case...

      Delete