Sunday, August 19, 2012

Heat, Water, and Tuesday

"Remember that two-legged tigers and crocodiles are more dangerous than those that walk on four.”

Well, I can't say it hasn't been hectic lately. Summer's been pretty hot this year, almost sweltering. It makes me think of Water Balloons for some reason. I wonder if those things even feel the heat, considering what they're made up of. We once had a runner here who was fleeing from them. Judy was her name. A Doctor Morcerf was treating her for depression, and gave her something to help. He gave her some Ichor, the stuff that fills up those balloons. She began to obsess over things, but eventually it passed, and soon she had Water Balloons on her door trying to take her away. To do what, I don't know. They kept coming back, day after day, even following her as she moved towns. So she did the only thing she could think of. She ran, and I'm guessing she still is, if they haven't got her yet.

Normally people open up after a while here. They'll tell their stories. Maybe they'll even laugh. But those cutters we had, they creeped me out. The was a feeling in the air when they were about, like a spark ready to be set off. And then there is this 'Ruby Tuesday', who Sal was talking about. I swear I've seen her around, whenever I've gone out. Just the other day I was coming back, when she bumped into me, wearing the same red jacket and scarf. She didn't do anything though, just looked at me, smiled, and continued walking.

I've heard a few tales. I've seen some strange things. But I have this feeling that things are gonna get stranger around here, whether we like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment