Monday, July 23, 2012

Cutters?

I thought I would add a bit to Sal's last post.


We have indeed been getting a large influx of runners lately.  I'm not sure what they're running from--like I've said, I'm not one to pry.  This is somewhat...odd, though.


Many of this influx are runners with lacerations--some severe, some not so severe, most if not all of which appear to have been self-inflicted.


I guess it would make sense that runners would cut...perhaps they're trying to exert some control over their lives or bodies?  Perhaps they need some way to relieve the pain of being chased?  I don't really know, I'm more of a romantic than I am a psychologist.  It's really not my place to diagnose something like this.


Still, though, it is odd.  Why so many at once?  I've not seen this many before--sure, someone who practices self-harm comes through, every once in a while, but not any more than there should be, statistically.


I am probably reading too much into all of this.  But that won't mean I won't be careful regardless.  In this sort of work, a certain amount of paranoia is the healthiest trait one might possess, after all.

1 comment:

  1. Running from the Intrusion perhaps? Cutting themselves because they feel insects beneath their skin?

    There's another possibility I can think of, something I've recently heard about, but they wouldn't be Runners in that case. They would be Proxies. Are these cutters prone to wearing red?

    ReplyDelete